As a Shipping Associate, you’ll be responsible for monitoring the merchandise leaving a company’s warehouse. This could include creating shipping documents, such as invoices, bills of lading and purchase orders, and pulling inventory from the shelves. Once an order has been filled, you’re responsible for monitoring each shipment to make sure that outgoing packages are packed correctly and accurately. You may then need to print shipping labels,schedule pick-ups, and ensure that each package has the proper postage. You also perform inventory control and track a shipment’s delivery status. You must complete all of these tasks quickly enough to meet a company’s production quotas. You may have to use scanners, postage machines, scales and non-mechanical packing equipment.
- Print daily sales receipts and cross-check with computer software to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs
- Assemble and fill boxes and other cartons with items that need to be shipped
- Affix proper postage to each package in preparation for shipping
- Track inventory and report any shortages to sales manager
- Process orders based on the preferred shipping system (e.g. USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Contact carrier and schedule shipping for each package
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as need
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in shipping or e-commerce
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
Click HERE to apply for this job position.
Wisetek Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.