The health of our environment is of paramount importance, but we understand not every business is in a position to take substantial action in this area. We provide organisations that are conscious of the environment with the necessary tools to stay true to their principles. This includes things like our Responsible Recycling (R2) certified service. This service can handle the organisation’s asset disposal. Wisetek’s Sustainable EARTH Program offers assurances to customers that the process will be secure, transparent, and auditable, as well as remain in compliance with recycling standards that are employed across the globe.
Wisetek’s EARTH Recycling Program has been built on a foundation of commitments that include:
- Wisetek provides full reporting and tracking—the complete picture from end to end—on obsolete or redundant assets. From the moment we receive an asset to its final disposition, every step of the process is transparent and auditable, whether the end of the line lies in data sanitisation, recycling, re-use, or recovery. We will always provide a report on the outcome of this process, making it possible to calculate the EDE, or Electronics Disposal Efficiency rating.
- We operate a Zero Landfill Policy, ensuring that any redundant, non-functional, or obsolete assets get recycled so that components and materials can be put to use in other ways, such as new products,
- Wisetek holds the security of its customer data with the utmost importance. We carry out data sanitisation in a reliable manner, all in a secure environment. Additionally, these processes are carried out with NIST SP 800-88 compliance. All data sanitisation is fully traceable and certification for evidential data destruction is provided for all of the hard drives we sanitise individually.
- We observe full compliance with laws both regional and local, and regulations relating to the environment and make use of independent third parties for the purpose of evaluating and certifying compliance.
- Wisetek makes it a priority to explore any and all options when it comes to extending the useful lifespan of an asset by ensuring verified reuse, socially responsible donation, or remarketing in all dispositions of redundant or obsolete assets.
- We actively prohibit electronic assets in their end-of-use phase from being sent to destinations which are not approved in our disposal process. All such approvals are subject to Wisetek’s own rigorous standards of auditing.
- Independent verification is used to ensure we are adequately safeguarding the safety and health of anyone who works in our Responsible Recycling operations.
- Wisetek is committed to protecting image of all of our customers, preventing damage to their brand where we can, including ensuring their sustainability reputation remains strong.
- Wisetek’s Responsible Recycling operations receive certification through independent parties to a range of standards, including Responsible Recycling (R2), ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001.
- Wisetek complies with requirements set out by the Basel Convention, as well as any European WEEE Directives that are relevant to the operation. This includes the laws and regulations of the countries that the assets are destined for.
- We ensure eStewards certification in all of our sites in the US.
Wisetek is a global leader in ITAD, providing secure and reliable Data Destruction & ITAD services for clients located in the UK and worldwide. Contact us at our Milton Keynes office to learn more about our robust range of services.